✛ Xmas Shopping in an over sized coat, plaid and platforms


I love this coat! I think it looks really unique. I dressed it up with platforms and leather leggings. The colors of the plaid shirt and scarf get me into a Christmas mood and add some contrast to the more neutral items.

I chose this outfit for a day/ night at the big Christmas Fair in the City. I needed something casual and warm enough for the occasion, but at the same time I wanted to dress up just a bit for some time spent at an outdoors (but heated) cafe bar.

 




I find the coat (Zara) so refreshing also because it is more about a classic style, rather than showing off your figure. My take on being feminine in Winter is not dressing in the tightest and shortest winter jacket you can find, but rather mixing fitted with more loosely cut pieces. This also gives you the chance to do a little more in terms of Make Up or Shoes to add a bit of sexy.


I wore 4 1/2 " heel platforms (H&M), which are pretty comfortable thanks to the thick platform, but they are also quite dramatic and really take a look to the next level. I walked in them for three hours non stop, took a one hour break and was good to walk in them some more. Leather like leggings were a sleek and comfortable match in my opinion.


As you can see the look features a lot of green so it goes well with my handbag (FOSSIL Sydney Satchel). All in all I find this look really pops, and is casual as well as chic.

This look got me a few positive comments (from strangers!) and questions as to where I purchased certain items! 


Make Up:

Black smudged Kohl Pencil all around my eye from Maybelline New York
Very dark red/brown almost black Lip Stick Superstay 24 hrs also from Maybelline (785 day to night brown), it holds up great for me! I also added a tiny bit of brow color for a thicker looking brow.
And that's it! I never do a full Make Up and instead focus on certain parts only! :)

My nails are done in a vintage (20's) half moon manicure. I don't use a stencil and instead angle the brush and paint from the outside towards the center.



Accessories:

The scarf is so colorful that it might seem hard to match, but I feel it is just one of those statements pieces that you can simply match with whatever and will be fine. The same goes for the purse, no matching required, wear it as a statement piece. I am also wearing a Fossil Boyfriend Style Watch and a few silver rings I picked up at a Medieval Fair. The ring with the pink stone is handmade from Dawanda.com and features a pink Ruby. It has a really unique coloring and shimmer, pictures don't do it justice! 

I purchased it here:

Purse: 
Sydney Satchel by Fossil *click here*
I love it in bright colors like green or yellow, but many other colors are also available. If the color you like is sold out at Fossil.com, check out Ebay, Amazon or do a Google Shopping search. That is how I found mine!  
I like that this bag is not huge, yet has a lot of room due to its width. I also love the simplicity of the bag with the little logo stamp. 

Gloves:

Simple wool gloves. I cut of the finger part to turn them into fingerless gloves (you can seal the cut off parts with fabric glue or clear nail polish). I can't stand having my fingers covered ;). I don't wear gloves very often because I don't mind if my hands get a bit cold, but these really weren't annoying.

Clothing items featured:

Oversized Coat: Zara, available here: http://www.zara.com/us/en/woman/coats/coat-with-knitted-lapel-c269183p1294445.html
Fair Isle Cowl: H&M
(Sold out online but might still be in stores)
Plaid Shirt: H&M
Leather Leggings: Mr.& Lady
Platform Boots: H&M
http://www.hm.com/de/product/14590?article=14590-A


Let me know what you think about the look! 
It is all me, but I would like to hear what everyone thinks.

1 comments:

Tanya WALL officiel said...

Great look as always, all is perfect, I love totally your style !! ♥ ♥ ♥

 

Bloglovin

Google+ Followers

Emī

Emī
34 year old Slave to 2 boys and Medieval Lady from Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Also blogging at longhairedatheart.blogspot.com

Follow by Email

Instagram @silberin_manelieht