✛ I love those who can smile in trouble...

...who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death.
~Leonardo Da Vinci 1452-1519 

Today's look features a simple, grey jersey dress. A very casual material (think sweatshirt) but a very sophisticated, fitted silhouette.

The neutral dress is complimented by a pop of pink and girly accessories. White patent leather platform sandals give the look a little edge, and voila...you got a great city look! :)

We took pictures on a beautiful, bright, sunny day in Downtown Franfkurt. The street you see in most pictures was right in the Middle between the old town and the financial disctrict, yet it was so tranquil and quiet, you really get a small town feel, despite all the big buildings around you.

The outfit:



 
In front of Commerzbank and the Japan Tower


This bag was my newest addition for summer. I really love the look of it and I am a fan of neon colors, but sadly the bag had issues and I exchanged it for another one, which also had issues. So now I am thinking about exchanging for another color since it seems the neon colors are prone to chipping...:(

 
I had to alter the dress quite a bit, especially the back. I took in the dress at the waist and the back, creating visible seams. I think the seams actually look quite nice. 

Jewelry and Make Up:

Even though the necklace isn't the exact color as the bag, I think it still compliments it.

 
Because of the bag and necklace being pretty girly, I kept the rest quite simple. 

This is an almost no Make Up look. I wore peach lip tint (same color as the necklace), but nothing else.

All of my Jewelry is gold tone. As you can see my hair was combed before we took photos in the wind ;)

Btw. my hair isn't layered. The short bits etc. are grown out bangs but some are also caused by hair loss and regrowth episodes. You can read more about it on my other blog! Sorry for the mess :/

 
This bracelet actually resembles viking jewelry. Little beaded bracelets like that were quite common :)



The shoes are comfortable, and in my opinion look really unique!

Fashion Items:

Dress, Shoes: H&M 
Necklace: Bijou Brigitte 
Bracelet: Fossil 
Handbag: Rebecca Minkoff "Mini MAC"
Also available on other sites. In Germany www.fashionette.de has the best selection.

all items recent, though I got the dress on sale

The City:


Shoot location 


The "reality" ;) The little guy trying to sabotage my shoot.
We forgot his helmet that day and did not notice until later :((. The helmet isn't required by law, but still..I prefer he wears it.




Commerzbank Tower [co-mertz-bunk-tower] (one of the tallest in the world and the tallest in Europe), Japan Tower [ya-pan tower], and the tall glass tower is the "Main Tower" [mine-tower]

 
Hauptwache Cafe (former guard building from 1730)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hauptwache_(Frankfurt_am_Main)

Chasing doves


 Hope you enjoyed the scenic pictures and let me know what you think! :)


4 comments:

Fawn said...

Everytime I read "no makeup" or "almost no makeup" I get depressed. :P How can one look so good without makeup?! :-0 I bet you have naturally dark and thick eyelashes (mine are blonde and short and unfortunately nothing will change that).
Is it really the effect of a healthy diet?
My biggest problem is dark circles under the eyes. Got any tips for that?

As to the outfit - the accesories are totally cool! Especially the necklace!

Emi longhairedatheart said...

Hi Fawn,

yeah my eyelashes are black and rather long, but I personally think lighter lashes look pretty also. It has that fair lady appeal that you can often see in costume movies. There is also the alternative to dye lashes of course. But even with a little mascara one can create a very natural look.
A healthy diet is very important for looking good overall, but that only works if the nutrients are absorbed properly too (been writing about this on LHAH lately). If you go back a few pages on my other blog to early 2013, there is a thread where I post about issues like dark undereye circles and a time when I had them and generally did not look very "fresh faced". Dark circles I mostly caused by toxins, often when your liver has too much detoxing to do. I detoxed my liver and regulated my hormones and that pretty much made it go away again. There are other reasons that can cause dark cirlces like Anemia. Some people find their dark circles disappear when they eliminate certain foods (gluten, grains, sugar, etc.) Maybe I should write a bit more about it in the future. Eventually I want my whole blog to be a guide to looking and feeling great :) But gathering material and the experiences takes some time. BUT, pretty much every health measure documented on my blog also helped to improve overall looks. I have been looking healthier lately than one or two years ago. Sorry that was long...if you have any questions just let me know :))

Fawn said...

Thank you for the reply, Emi! Your posts and comments are never too long because I like reading them! I appreciate that you are willing to devote some time and respond. :D
As to the skin issues - I remember you wrote some posts about a diet change in 2013! Gotta read it again. Are you still on some special diet? (Sory for non fashion questions.. your skin condidtion prompted me to ask :-) )

Emi longhairedatheart said...

No problem, keep asking ;) The main purpose of my other blog is to help others when they deal with similar issues :)
I have been eating Paleo since late 2011 and I will stick with it because I feel it is a healthier way of eating. Especially for me since I am prone to problems.My major health problems went away on that diet and I would worry that they would return if I go back to eating things like Gluten. I can make exceptions for certain occasions, but I just stick to eating Paleo for the most part.

 

Bloglovin

Google+ Followers

Emī

Emī
34 year old Slave to 2 boys and Medieval Lady from Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Also blogging at longhairedatheart.blogspot.com

Follow by Email

Instagram @silberin_manelieht