✛ Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil."
~ Friedrich Nietzsche 1844-1900


Past Revisited: Pictures from 2015, 2013 and 2010. 
Each image can be enlarged by clicking.
I return to this Open Air Museum quite often. The first time I went I was in first grade actually, returned a few times...in Highschool, College and then every once in a while :) 

The Museum consists of authentic old houses from all over the Hesse region, that were taken apart and rebuilt here. Each house represents a different aspect of Hesse's history, from the Middle Ages over the Renaissance and Romantic Eras of the 17-1900's. Even some Vintage interior of the 50's and 60's is included. 

The inside of many houses is made to look just like it did way back when. The whole place really feels like time travel and is full of history. A village that travels through all times. That is what makes it so special to me.

The market at the entrance with restaurants, shops, and a bakery.

I prefer this restaurant. Friendly service and good food. It is the first place on the right.

Noodles with Vanillasauce and Plum, Wild game meatloaf with fried potato and beans.

You will be enjoying 2 lovely outfits in this special. Both with romantic as well as Urban Elements. When we arrived at the park, we were actually asked by a woman where we are from. She assumed since we are so "fashionable" we must be foreign students ^^...

We tried to coordinate shots together, but I wasn't quite able to keep it together...I was laughing and looking dorky all the time. So the shots look very interesting ;)

We were both laughing here cause our timing was a bit off


Great shot by Valerie 

The village entrance

Making fun of my lack of "poise" ^^

Some serious bag shots:

I wanted to capture the accessories and matching nails in this shot.


Grass "reed" rooftop. / I love the light in this shot with Valerie and the soft flowing coat.

Can you call this "looking back"? Can you miss a past your current self never experienced? Sure feels like it.

Some rooms can actually be entered, so 2013 I tried out a few things in one of the old houses.

One of my favorite living rooms with late 1800's interior. I would burn all my modern furniture to live there.

Love this oven/ stove.

My dream kitchen...

I think I want to recreate something like that, the mirror combined with the bowl for washing up in the morning! / Artsy shot of Valerie while taking a picture!

Some shots Valerie took of me:


I really like this house! Inside and out.

The master at work and on the right you see what I was capturing.

As you can see this is not the first time I capture this barn. It has a little heart of the front door, that stood out to me 2010.

Barn right next to a house, with room to park your carriage.

 
Flowing coat!/ The light and pose here was just perfect!

One of the oldest houses

2015 vs. 2010, same dolls, different arrangement




The place never changes, yet it has seen so many versions of me. From a little girl, to a young woman at the beginning of adulthood, over the woman with health issues that had to start over in 2010...My hair 2010 reflects these hard times and illness.
As you can see I'm not the type to get a new haircut when things go bad. I'm sick, I look sick, that's just what it is, no point in hiding it.

Ironically both of these images are taken post hairloss, on the verge of recovery. Same place different time.

Who will be revisiting these places and take the images when I'm gone? One thing you will find in my will is for my descendants to revisit these places and take the same pictures again as time passes :)



My face changed these past five years, though I can't quite describe how. There is something different in my eyes.

This just looks so haunting...


Same stone, different woman ;)

5 years of the same house admired


2010 vs 2015 inside a Medieval House:




2010 vs. 2013 vs. 2015







Creepy faceless dolls 2013: 

  




Guardian Angel ;)



Church revisited 2015, 2013 and 2010

The thinker and the prayer


And here is a shot from 2010 that I love because the old lady smiled for the photo with me:

So I decided to put Valerie in her spot 2015 ;)

Another one that I captured three times:
 


At the grave of Elisabeth Funt




But we don't always have to mourn losses, we can dwell in memories.

2 versions of post hairloss hair...thinned overall on the left, but trimmed. And on the right not as trimmed, but not too thinned yet. The thinning increased ever slo slightly between 2012 and 2015. My goal is to look even healthier with my hair regrown in the next shots 2016, 17 or whenever it may be. :)


Isn't this a beautiful town farm?
I chose this outfit for Hessenpark because I felt it was the perfect marriage of all Eras we get to experience there...Medieval, nostalgic, vintage...and of course my own...My mother wore an outfit like this in the early 80's actually.

The light certainly worked in our favor that day











Another outtake...we did not know the camera was taking a third shot, so when I noticed dove in ;P

Hope you enjoyed this special! One day I will include all visits to this park.


0 comments:

 

Bloglovin

Google+ Followers

Emī

Emī
34 year old Slave to 2 boys and Medieval Lady from Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Also blogging at longhairedatheart.blogspot.com

Follow by Email

Instagram @silberin_manelieht